Coco Gauff Interesting Facts Biography and Career Stats
Coco, who comes from a middle-class household, balances her studies and tennis career. March 13th marks her birthday. She was born in Atlanta, Georgia, and is an American citizen of black origin. She receives all the love and support because tennis is a part of her life.
Like every child, Coco Gauff also loved to play. And her favorite sport was tennis. Coco was such a good player that she got a lot of fame in no time.
What age did Coco Gauff start playing tennis?
Gauff started playing tennis when she was 7 years old and She won Little Mo, a national tournament for children 8 years old.
She trained herself from Patrick Mouratoglou’s academy. She competed on the ITF Junior Circuit at the age of 13 and established herself as the youngest finalist.
What is Coco Gauff new ranking?
Coco Gauff will become the new World No. 1 doubles player when the rankings are released. She is 11th American woman to achieve this feat.
How fast can Coco Gauff serve?
The fastest serve of the women’s tournament is via Coco Gauff at 128 mph. The 18-year-old star was shocked when she found out just how fast her serve was.
Additionally, she holds down places 51 and 42 in the women’s singles and doubles, respectively. In 2019, she won WTA singles and doubles championships. In 2018, she brings home the junior Grand Slam doubles championship.
While she has been making and breaking records ever since, she finally achieved her dream in mid-2019 after being selected to play in the Wimbledon main draw as the youngest player ever.
After defeating Venus Williams at the 2019 Wimbledon tournament, Coco Gauff first gained widespread recognition.
The net worth of Coco Gauff is $2.5 million USD as of 2022. Coco earned $75 thousand USD and $140 thousand USD from her winning matches.
10 Interesting Facts to Know About Coco Gauff.
- Coco Gauff is the youngest tennis player to turn pro.
- The fastest serve of the women’s tournament is via @cocogauff at 128 mph.
- Her three idols outside tennis are Rihanna, Michelle Obama and Beyonce.
- Serena Williams is the reason she started playing tennis.
- She’s a massive fan of Will Smith’s son, Jaden.
- Coco Gauff becomes the youngest player since 1991 to win in the first round of the ladies’ singles, beating Venus Williams 6-4, 6-4.
- She has a career-high ranking of world No. 11 in singles, reached on July 11, 2022.
- She achieved world No. 1 position in doubles on August 15, 2022.
- Gauff started playing tennis when she was 7 years old.
- The net worth of Coco Gauff is $2.5 million USD as of 2022.
- Her parents are both from sports backgrounds. Her father was a basketball player and her mother was a gymnast.